SEIRS Diploma Course - Part 2
This two-day intensive course is Part 2 of the SEIRS Diploma process. At the end of the training successful delegates should have the necessary information and knowledge of the safety procedures and legislation involved in the construction of pallet racking storage equipment to allow them to work safely on sites.
Through a mixture of classroom-based theory and a significant practical element, day one will teach delegates how to safely and correctly install and dismantle pallet racking. As part of a small team-based assessment, day two will require delegates to erect and dismantle the storage equipment using mechanically assisted build methods, together with a small amount of manual application.
Delegates will be assessed throughout day two of the course and on successful completion of the assessment will be awarded a full SEIRS card which is valid for 3 years.
Who should attend this course?
The Diploma course is for installers who have successfully completed the SEIRS Foundation Course and hold an in-date SEIRS Trainee Card. The six-month validity period enables individuals to develop and progress their on-site skills in the construction of adjustable pallet racking before progressing to the Diploma level which will complete their SEIRS training programme.
Watch our animation for new SEIRS installers to find out more.
Existing SEIRS Card Holders:
Installers who are already in possession of an in-date SEIRS ID card can progress directly to the Diploma course. To undertake the course installers must have an up-to-date certificate in one of the nominated pre-qualifications.
Please note: Qualified installers who have already passed the SEIRS Diploma course and are looking to renew their SEIRS ID card should attend either the SEIRS Refresher course or a higher-level course, either the Supervisor or SEIRS Installation Manager.
Watch our animation for existing SEIRS installers to find out more.
The pre-qualifications for this course are:
• New installers – successful completion of Part 1 the SEIRS Foundation course, and either a MEWPS 3A and 3B qualification or CITB Health Safety and Environment test.
• Existing SEIRS installers who hold an in-date SEIRS Card and an up-to-date MEWPS 3A and 3B qualification or CITB Health Safety and Environment test.
Please Note: If a SEIRS-CSCS card is required then the CITB Health Safety and Environment test is mandatory. This test is conducted independently of SEIRS by the CITB at one of its test centres across the UK
• All health, safety, and welfare aspects which affects them and others during their daily work
• Racking terminology and identification of components
• Importance of first beam level & pitch, clearances, tolerances and damaged components
• A classroom exercise to gauge delegates understanding of a racking plan layout & terminology
• Pre- installation checks, Personal Protective Equipment PPE, tools and equipment
• Practical session in the correct installation of pallet racking
• Safe construction of a rack from component parts
• Practical use of a safety harness
• Practical assessment under assessment conditions
The assessment structure has been designed to enable delegates to demonstrate knowledge and capability in the assembly and dismantling of racking both correctly and safely.
Important note: Delegates who fail to demonstrate the required levels of experience, skill and knowledge during the assessment will fail the course. They will be required to attend the two-day course again.
Please note: Delegates must be competent in English to complete this course.
Day one is a mixture of classroom-based theory as well as a significant practical element and will teach delegates how to safely and correctly install and dismantle pallet racking.
Day two will require the delegate, working as part of a small team, to erect and dismantle the storage equipment using mechanically assisted build methods, together with a small amount of manual application. Delegates will be assessed throughout day two of the course.
These courses are delivered throughout the year at our dedicated training facility in Burntwood, Staffordshire. The cost per delegate is £950 plus VAT for delegates new to SEIRS. Existing SEIRS card holders £450 plus VAT.
Should the delegate fail the assessment then they will need to re-take the two-day course at a cost of £400 plus VAT.