Every Member of SEMA has achieved or is committed to achieving certification to BS EN ISO 9000 in interface with a Quality Assessment Schedule (QAS 2000) dealing with the specific requirements of design, manufacture and installation of the principal products supplied by the Association Members.
QAS 2000, developed in conjunction with BSI and other leading authorities and organisations from the storage industry (including designers, manufacturers, distributors and regulatory bodies), specifies the relevant codes of practice and standards for the industry.
The documentation and regular assessment required for compliance with QAS 2000 assures the provision of a QUALITY product or system designed, produced and delivered in a systematic and well-managed way.
Benefits to the customer are:
- Quality storage equipment products and systems that meet customers' requirements.
- Products designed and tested to recognised and approved standards.
- Consistent level of product quality and supply.
- Storage products designed, manufactured and installed in accordance with recognised safety standards.
- Products designed, manufactured. and installed in accordance with a system that is subject to a third party assessment.
- Increased customer/operator confidence in products/systems supplied.