Aims & Objectives
Our aims are to:
- Consider everything relevant to the Storage Equipment Industry.
- Benefit the industry through the distribution of technical advice and information on trading opportunities.
- Establish and publish technical standards for all types of storage equipment.
- Represent the Storage Equipment Industry in discussions with UK Government departments and Local Authorities. SEMA is a Member of the British Materials Handling Federation (BMHF) and actively influences the Federation Europeene De La Manutention (FEM Section X, the European Handling Industries Federation which seeks to establish common policies, particularly technical, amongst national storage equipment associations.
- Ensure that standards adopted by public and professional bodies are in accordance with the interests of the Industry.
- Encourage co-operation between our individual members.
- Maintain, above all else, the integrity of the Association.